Modify your style with the brand new Janome MOD line of computerized sewing machines. The MOD sewing machines feature basic technology, but can handle a variety of high-demanding tasks so that you can accomplish your next DIY project.
The complete MOD line has 7 sewing machines, all with different features. The MOD 50816 has 19 built-in stitches, including 1 four-step buttonhole, allowing you to create a variety of chic and beautiful projects that you never thought were possible. The MODs ensure that your projects are conquered with power, precision and confidence.
- Top loading full rotary hook bobbin
- 19 built-in stitches
- 1 four-step buttonhole
- Manual thread tension control
- Built-in needle threader
- Snap-on presser feet
- 5-piece feed dog
- Free arm
- Drop feed
- Easy reverse lever
- Machine weight: 11.7lbs
- Work space: W 6.2” x H 4.2”
- Auto declutch bobbin winder
- Extra high presser foot lift
- Stitch selection dials
- Maximum stitch width: 5mm
- Maximum stitch length: 4mm
- Top loading full rotary hook bobbin: The advantage of easy drop-in, top load bobbins is that you can readily see how much thread is left on the bobbin through the window. You do not have to remove the bobbin case to insert a new bobbin and you do not have to remove the accessory tray from the free arm to change bobbins. Drop-in bobbin sewing machines also have full rotary metal hooks which move in one direction, run quieter and require less lubrication than underneath oscillating shuttle hook and removable bobbin case systems
- Built-in needle threader: Thread the machine up to the needle and then let the built-in needle threader take over to get the thread through the eye of the needle.
- Free arm: The removable storage compartment turns this machine into a free arm. It is great for sewing small openings like a sleeve or hemming a pair of pants.
- Auto declutch bobbin winder: You’ll never have to worry about over winding bobbins with this auto declutch bobbin winder that will stop automatically when it is full.
- Drop feed: Lowering the feed dogs will drop them below the needle plate. When you sew, the feed dogs will not be used. This technique is used for free motion sewing. The feed dogs will no longer pull the fabric in precise increments. When using free motion, you control the speed and the fabric direction.
Included Standard Accessories:
- Zipper Foot
- Blind Hemming Foot
- Sliding Buttonhole Foot
- Seam Ripper (Buttonhole Opener)
- Spool Holders (Large and Small)
- Additional Spool Pin
- Instruction Book