Modify your style with the brand new Janome MOD line of computerized sewing machines. The MOD sewing machines feature basic technology, but can handle a variety of high-demanding tasks so that you can accomplish your next DIY project.
The complete MOD line has 7 sewing machines, all with different features. The MOD 81030 has 30 built-in stitches, including 3 one-step buttonholes, making it the perfect tool for you to utilize your creative abilities. Get a fresh start on sewing modern garments, home décor and quilts. The MODs ensure that your projects are conquered with power, precision and confidence.
Horizontal, full rotary hook bobbin system
- 30 built-in stitches
- 3 one-step buttonholes
- Manual thread tension control
- Built-in needle threader
- Snap-on presser foot
- Memorized needle up/down
- 7-piece feed dog
- Free arm
- Drop feed
- Start/stop button
- Speed control slider
- Locking stitch button
- Easy reverse button
- Memory function
- Machine size: W16” x H12” x D7”
- Machine weight: 12.7lbs
- Work space: W6.7” x H4.3”
- Auto declutch bobbin winder
- Extra high presser foot lift
- Backlit LCD screen with easy navigation keys
- Maximum stitch width: 7mm
- Maximum stitch length: 5mm
- Includes dust cover
- Built-in needle threader: Thread the machine up to the needle and then let the built-in needle threader take over to get the thread through the eye of the needle.
- LCD display: The backlit LCD display allows you to see what stitch you are on easily. Use the directional buttons to choose stitches and adjust the stitch width and length. The recommended foot is also displayed above the stitch number to take the guess work out of which accessory to use.
- Easy convenience buttons: Right by the needle, you’ll find a start/stop button for sewing without the foot control and a reverse button. There is also a locking stitch button and needle up/down button by the LCD display.
- Start/stop button: The start/stop button allows the machine to sew without using the foot pedal. This feature is great for sewing long seams or for quick mending.
- Easy reverse button: The reverse button allows you to easily backstitch for locking seams. With the tip of your finger, this conveniently located button can also be used to stop a stitch pattern before its completion.
- Locking stitch button: The locking stitch button ties off the end of the thread. No need to backstitch to lock a seam. This is ideal for securing seams on delicate fabrics or when using decorative stitches.
- Memorized needle up/down: Push the button to set the needle to stop in the up or down position. Set the needle in the down position for easy pivoting on corners and for seamless free motion embroidery. Set the needle to the up position for easy fabric removal.
- Speed control slider: Set the speed for comfortable sewing with the speed control slider. This slider allows you to set the top and low end speeds of the machine. Set to slower speeds for intricate work and high speeds for long straight seams. This is a popular feature amongst beginners. Never sew faster than what you are comfortable with.
- Free arm: The removable storage compartment turns this machine into a free arm. It is great for sewing small openings like a sleeve or hemming a pair of pants.
- Auto declutch bobbin winder: You’ll never have to worry about over winding bobbins with this auto declutch bobbin winder that will stop automatically when it is full.
- Drop feed: Lowering the feed dogs will drop them below the needle plate. When you sew, the feed dogs will not be used. This technique is used for free motion sewing. The feed dogs will no longer pull the fabric in precise increments. When using free motion, you control the speed and the fabric direction.
Included Standard Accessories:
- Zigzag Foot
- Zipper Foot
- Satin Stitch Foot
- Automatic Buttonhole Foot
- Spool Holders (large and small)
- Extra Spool Pin
- Assorted Needle Set
- Seam Ripper (Buttonhole Opener)
- Lint Brush
- Instruction Book
- Dust Cover
- Foot Control
- Stitch Card
- Power Cable