1. Dye the T-shirt, following manufacturer’s directions for tie-dying, or dye the entire shirt in the bucket. Hang to dry.
2. Only the bottom part of the shirt will be used in this project; save the rest for a future project. Cut across the shirt, just under the sleeves. Cut the shirt at one side seam. Cut off the shirt hem.
3. To make the planter, you need 8 long strips, so fold the shirt in half and cut. Now you have 2 strips. Fold and cut each of these, to make 4 strips. Fold and cut again to make 8 strips. Stretch each strip gently, so that they curl slightly.
4. Gather the ends of all 8 strips and tie a large knot, which will be the top of the hanger. If desired, slip a ring or plant hook in while tying the knot.
5. Select 2 strips and tie them into a knot 2" down from the large knot. Continue for 4 knots, using all 8 strips.
6. Take one strip from one set and join it with one strip from another set, and tie a knot 4" down. Continue for all 8 strips.
7. To add interest to the planter, twist the strips in a set; wrap them around each other, and knot, about 5" down. Continue for all strips.
8. Gain, separate and re-match the sets; knot a few inches down. Separate, rematch, and knot once more. Join all 8 strands in another large knot to secure. Tug on the tail strands, to curl again.
9. Hang the hanger. Place the bowl, with plant, inside.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.