Jewel Tone Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Double link silver chain
- Metal silver chain
- Three strand adjustable clasp
- Box AB silver chain
- Curb chunky silver chain
- Glass beads dark blue
- Glass beads tea
- Lentil flat purple
- Glass beads dangles fuschia
- Thick jump rings silver
- Eye pin silver
- Lobster clasp silver
- Floss dark pink
- Floss purple
- Chain nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Glue (gem-tac)
1. Cut 2 segments of chunky chain one 9-1/2” the other 11-1/4” long. Cut 1 segment 3-1/2” long from metal chain. Cut 1 segment 11” long of box chain. Cut 1 segment 11-1/4” long double link chain. Cut 1 segment 2 yards long of purple floss. Cut 1 segment 4 yards long dark pink floss.
2. Make 10 bead segments: 1 purple lentil – 1 blue crystal using eye pin.
3. Make 9 bead segments: 1 green crystal, 1 silver bead, 1 green crystal using eye pins.
4. String 2 yards of purple floss and 2 yard of dark pink floss together around the 2 chunky chain. Make a knot and add glue in the first link to secure the floss. Weave the floss through each link of both chunky chain 9-1/2” (top) and 11-1/4” (bottom). String 1 more yard of dark pink floss with 11” of box chain, on top of the first floss and chunky chains.
5. String 1 yard of dark pink floss on the bottom of chunky chain, and make a knot and add glue to secure it. Attach 1 fuchsia bead dangle to the first link. Repeat this step 28 times.
6. Attach the dangles constructed in steps 2 & 3: Using an 8mm jump ring secure to the chain starting from link #6.
7. To complete bottom section: use 8mm jump rings to secure the double link chain as shown.
8. Use a multi strand connector, lobster clasp and 3-1/2” chain segments to complete your piece.