Jewel Waves Chevron Quilt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/3 yd. each of four color fabrics: plum, purple, sapphire & teal
- 1/2 yd. green fabric for blocks & binding
- 1-1/3 yd gray fabric
- June Tailor® Shape Cut™ Slotted Ruler
- 1-1/2 yd. backing fabric
- 44” x 53” batting
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Follow the instructions included with the June Tailor® Shape Cut™ Ruler for cutting strips and pieced strips for squares.
Finished Size: Approximately 38” x 47”
1. From plum, purple, sapphire and teal, cut (4) four 2-1/2”.
2. From green fabric, cut (7) seven 2-1/2” strips. Two of the strips are used for blocks and five of the strips are used for binding.
3. From gray fabric, cut (18) eighteen 2-1/2” strips.
4. With right sides together, pair one gray strip of fabric with each of the color strips of fabric.
5. Using 1/4” seam allowance, stitch along one long edge of each pair, creating 18 strip sets.
6. Press seam allowances toward dark fabric.
7. Cut each strip set into (9) nine 4-1/2” segments resulting in 4-1/2” squares. 30 squares each are needed of the gray/plum, gray/purple, gray/sapphire, gray/teal and 15 squares of the gray/green.
8. Arrange blocks according to photo.
9. Sew blocks together in diagonal rows.
10. Sew rows together.
11. Trim partial blocks leaving a 1/4” seam allowance from intersections.
12. Layer quilt top, batting and backing.
13. Quilt as desired and bind. Quilt pictured was quilted in rows following the chevron pattern with two additional rows in the gray sections.