Do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Good work surfaces include wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean your hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on metal surface, such as a craft dedicated baking sheet at 275 °F for 15 minutes per 1/4". For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult.
1. Using the Clay Conditioning Machine, roll out a sheet of Tranquility on the thickest setting. Fold the clay in half and roll the sheet through again on the second thickest setting. Make sure the finished sheet is at least 4" X 8". Fold the finished sheet in half and gently roll over it with Acrylic roller.
2. Using the circle cutter, cut out a 4" circle from the clay sheet. Lay the clay circle on a piece of scrap paper to make it easier to work with while using the texture sheet. Lightly mist the surface of the clay circle with water. Using heavy finger pressure, press the Cherry Blossom texture into 3/4 of the circle. Gently lift the texture sheet off. Reposition the texture sheet right next to the part that is already textured and press again with your fingers to continue the pattern.
3. Use the paper towel to gently blot the excess water away from the clay. Use the paintbrush to pick up a very small amount of gold mica powder and work it into the impressed areas of the textured design.
4. Use 2"-3" lengths of tape to pick up the mica from the raised surfaces. Tear off a piece of tape and press it lightly to the surface of the dish with your fingers. Remove the tape and discard. Continue picking up the mica powder until there is only powder left in the impressed areas.
5. Remove the clay from the scrap paper and gently press it, textured side down, onto the bottom of the bowl. Gently press the clay around the bowl so it takes on the shape of a shallow dish. Bake the dish upside-down on the metal or glass bowl for 30 minutes.
6. When the piece is completely cool, gently separate the clay from the bowl. Lightly sand the piece using 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper under running water to remove any mica that is still on the raised surfaces. Sand the edge of the bowl as well to make sure it is smooth. Dry thoroughly with a soft cloth before using.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>