SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd colorful silky fabric
- 2 bead caps
- 18" metal chain
- 1 violet strand of glass beads, oval faceted 7"
- Jewelry head pins
- Jewelry clasp
- Tacky glue
- Small jewelry pliers
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Fold fabric lengthwise, with right sides together, and sew a 1/2" seam allowance. Position the seam allowance in the middle and press. Stitch around the corners of the ends to round them off, leaving 3" open on the ends. Flip right side out and press.
2. Shape a small loop with pliers on one end of two head pins. Loop should be small enough to insert through hole of bead cap. With other end of same pin, create a knot with remaining pin, so it is large enough to stay inside the bead cap.
3. Insert the small loop end of each pin shape created through each bead cap so that the loop end comes through the smaller hole of bead cap, but the knot end of pin is stuck inside the bead cap.
4. Place a small drop of glue inside the bead cap. Bunch up the ends of the fabric and insert into bead cap. Do the same with other end of fabric in other bead cap. Let dry.
5. Use 5-7 chain loops to attach to one end of bead cap loop. Follow by attaching a clasp to the end of that chain piece.
6. For other bead cap loop, cut metal chain to desired length to have dangle and attach to loop.
7. With another jewelry pin, attach a small clear bead from violet bead strand and a violet bead, to end of dangle chain.