Jolly 3-D Scarecrow Cupcakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:
- Scarecrow Cupcake Decorating Kit (baking cups & head pix)
- 12-Cup Standard Muffin Pan
- Cooling Grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4-1/2 lb. Tub
- Icing Colors: Brown*, Red-Red*, Royal Blue, Kelly Green
- 9" Angled Spatula
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Decorating Tips: 2A, 12
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix
- Food-safe scissors
- Plastic ruler
- Shredded wheat biscuits
*Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.
1. Make cupcakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cupcakes and allow to cool.
2. Ice cupcakes. Tint portions of decorator icing brown, blue and green. Use spatula and brown icing to ice tops of cupcakes brown.
3. Pipe scarecrow body. Use tip 2A, cut disposable decorating bag and blue icing to pipe a slightly tapered lower body, approximately 1" dia. Use tip 12, cut disposable decorating bag and blue icing to pipe legs, approximately 3/4" long. Use finger dipped in cornstarch to pat ends of legs flat. Use tip 2A, cut disposable decorating bag and green icing to pipe a slightly tapered upper body, approximately 7/8" dia. Use tip 12, cut disposable decorating bag and green icing to pipe arms starting at shoulders, approximately 1" long. Use finger dipped in cornstarch to pat ends of arms flat.
4. Decorate scarecrow. Gently break shredded wheat biscuit apart. Insert head pix from kit. Insert strands of shredded wheat, 1/4" to 3/4" long, under pix for collar and into ends of arms and legs.
Use Wilton Chocolate Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing to ice cupcakes smooth and then just add the scarecrow pix from the Wilton Cupcake Decorating Kit for a quick and easy autumn treat.