Jolly Jack-'o-Lanterns Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Multi-Surface Stencil, Pumpkin
- 3D Fashion Paint: Orange Slick, Lectric Lime Slick,Yellow Slick
- Soft Fabric Paint, Mandarin Orange Matte
- Dye Surface Cover
- Aleene's Fabric Fusion adhesive
- Canvas tote, black
- Ribbon, purple
- Painter's tape
- Cardboard, size of tote
Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to PDF/photo for color and design placement.
NOTE: Allow paint to dry before each new application.
- Cover work surface with Dye Surface Cover. Lay tote flat and insert cardboard inside it.
- Cut out Pumpkin Multi-Surface Stencil. Place randomly on front of tote. Apply painter's tape around the edges of the stencil to protect from paint.
- Squeeze a puddle of Mandarin Orange Soft Fabric Paint onto foil. Dip sponge into paint, tap off excess & dab into stencil. Allow to dry; repeat several times for desired coverage.
- Remove stencil & reapply on tote at random, repeating paint application process. Repeat process 2 more times for a total of 4 pumpkins.
- Trace and paint mouth and eyes of pumpkins with Yellow Slick 3D Fashion Paint.
- Trace and paint pumpkin stems with Lectric Lime Slick. Add a leaf on each side of the stem and squiggly lines for vines.
- Create random triangles in between pumpkins with Yellow Slick.
- Press a strip of tape along top border of tote, 2" from top edge. Place sections of tape vertically along border, leaving a 1" gap between each section.
- Fill vertical sections between tape with Orange Slick. Let dry and remove tape.
- Use Orange Slick to spell BOO on the bottom right corner of the tote, leaving enough space along bottom edge for ribbon.
Tip: Write BOO with white chalk before tracing.
- Cut ribbon to fit across the front top and bottom of tote. Squeeze dots of Fabric Fusion onto tote where ribbon will be placed and gently place ribbon over glue. Allow to dry.