SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies: Basic Cake Ball Pops Recipe (available on wilton.com) 9" x 13" x 2" non-stick sheet pan 10" x 16" cooling grid White ready-to-use decorator icing 6" lollipop sticks Candy Melts candy: White & Light Cocoa Round cut-outs fondant cutters (largest used) Non-stick cookie sheet 15" parchment triangles 9" fondant roller
- Spice drops: black and orange
- Granulated sugar
- Red fruit leather
- Plastic ruler
1. Bake and cool completely 1-layer sheet cake. Prepare a small cake ball for each snowman body and a slightly smaller cake ball for each head according to recipe directions. Insert sticks in bodies following recipe directions. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set.
2. Create candy plaque. Melt light cocoa Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Place large Cut-Out on cookie sheet. Using a cut disposable decorating bag, fill Cut-Out with melted light cocoa candy 1/4" high. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set.
3. Attach heads to bodies with melted candy. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set.
4. Remove sticks. Attach snowman body to candy plaque using melted candy. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set.
5. Create hat. Using scissors, cut the narrow tip off black spice drop. On granulated sugar-covered surface, roll out another black spice drop 1/16" thick. Cut a circle, 1-1/4" dia. Attach to other spice drop using melted white candy. Cut strip, 1/8" x 2", from red fruit leather. Attach as hat rim to hat.
6. Create scarf. Cut strip, 1/4" x 6", from red fruit leather. Attach to snowman with melted white candy.
7. Use cut parchment bag and melted light cocoa candy to pipe mouth and dot eyes and mouth.
8. Create nose. Use scissors to cut carrot-shaped nose from orange spice drop. Attach with melted candy. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set.