Joy, Peace and Love
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Aleene's Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage: glossy, matte
- Tulip Dye Surface Cover
- Paper-mache letters: J,O,Y
- DCWV The Stack 6
- 1" flat paintbrush
Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Cover word surface with the Tulip Dye Surface Cover. Using the green and red collection of papers from the Stack, tear small pieces from several areas to get different looks.
- Set one of the letters on the surface. Pour the Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage on foil. Brush Collage Pauge onto a small section of one of the letters and on back of piece of paper. Place the paper on the letter and brush another coat of Collage Pauge over the top. Continue adding pieces of paper until the letter is covered. Repeat process for the other letters. Allow to dry. Repeat on other letters.
- To create the Peace Sign on the letter O roughly cut out circles to fit around the outside edge. Tear out a larger strip and two smaller strips of the prominent stripes on the paper for the center of the Peace Sign.
- Attach the stripes with the Collage Pauge; attach the circles along the outer edge.
- Trace and cut out lettering from the dark charcoal paper for the words, PEACE and LOVE and adhere on letters.
- Add a final coat of Collage Pauge to each letter. Allow to dry.