SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Dimensions®:Wool Flat Felt: 2 red, 1 spruceVariegated Green Pencil RovingWool Felt Small StarsSmall Needle Felting Base & Foam
- Thread: red, green
- Embroidery needle
- Felting needle
- Stuffing for pillow
1. Cut out 2 -11"x9-1/2" base pieces of red wool and one piece of 8-1/2"x5-1/2" red. Cut out one 9-1/2"x7" piece of spruce wool.
2. Referring to the photograph, needle felt the word JOY using green pencil roving on the small red wool piece. Add the three stars using 6 ply red embroidery thread.
3. Attach small red wool piece to the center of the spruce wool felt using buttonhole stitch and 6 ply red thread. Couch a border of green pencil roving around the small red wool piece using 1 ply green thread.
4. Using buttonhole stitch and 6 ply green embroidery thread; attach the spruce wool piece to one of the large red wool rectangles.
5. Join the front and back red wool pieces using 6 ply red embroidery thread and buttonhole stitch. Stitch almost around the entire pillow, stuff and close the hole.