SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™ Luau
- Tulip® Fabric Markers® 12-Pack
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ 300 Iron-On Crystals Multi-color
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Heat-Setting Tool
- Jerzees® 100% cotton white T-shirt
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Wide flat paintbrush
- Water bowl
- Freezer paper
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Wash T-shirt without fabric softener and do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic table cover. Lay damp T-shirt on work surface.
3. Wearing gloves from kit, mix Lime dye according to package instructions. Fill bowl with water.
4. From bottle, apply dye along top one-fourth of T-shirt. Working quickly, wet paintbrush and brush dye downward toward bottom of T-shirt. Dip brush in water as needed to move the dye and blend color, creating a darker look at top to lighter at the bottom. Continue until desired gradient is achieved. Cover with plastic table cover and let dye set 6-8 hours.
5. Rinse shirt in cold running water until water runs clear. Wash and dry shirt as directed.
6. Iron freezer paper to inside front of shirt to create stable drawing surface and prevent ink seepage to back of shirt.
7. Use Fabric Markers to write out holiday words, using different writing styles and drawing doodles around each word.
8. Use Tulip® Heat-Setting Tool to embellish design with crystals as desired.