Note: WOF = width of fabric
1/4" seam allowance used throughout
1. Cut one 30-1/2" x 38-1/2" rectangle from fabric for center panel.
2. Cut four 1-1/2" x WOF strips for inside borders.
3. Cut sixteen 4-1/2" squares and five 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" rectangles from each of the five coordinating fabrics. (76 total 4-1/2" squares and 24 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" rectangles needed.)
4. From the 1-1/2" wide inside border strips, cut two 30-1/2" pieces. With right sides together, stitch one to the top and the other to the bottom of the center panel. Press seam allowances towards the border pieces. Measure through the center of the pieced top from top to bottom. Cut the two remaining border pieces to that measurement. Stitch to the sides of the center panel. Press.
5. Stitch two 4-1/2" squares together to make one block for the side border. Make ten blocks. Stitch one 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" rectangle on each side of a 4-1/2" square to make one alternate block. Make ten alternate blocks. Using the photo as reference, stitch one block and one alternate block together. Continue until ten blocks are stitched together to complete one side border. Make two side borders.
6. Stitch a side border to each side of the bordered center panel.
7. Stitch twelve 4-1/2" squares together to make the top border. Repeat for the bottom border. Stitch eleven 4-1/2" squares together to make the alternate top border. Stitch a 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" rectangle to each end to complete the row. Make two. Following order established by the side borders, stitch the appropriate row to the top and bottom of the pieced center unit. Add the remaining rows following established placement pattern.
8. Cut and piece backing fabric as needed to make a 56" x 64" rectangle.
9. Layer pieced top, batting and backing. Quilt as desired.
10. Cut six 2-1/2" x WOF strips for binding. Stitch short ends together. With wrong sides together, fold binding lengthwise and press. Stitch binding to quilt top with right sides together and raw edges even. Turn and whipstitch to back of quilt.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>