SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Storage box
- Toob Animals:ButterfliesWildTreesMonkeys
- Dried mini ferns
- Large polished river rocks
- Deluxe moss assortment
- Mood moss
- Silk leaves 36"
- Smilax leaf spray
- Apple acrylic paint: regency blue
- Foam brush
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Wire cutters
Read through the directions before starting & use the photo as a guide.
1. Paint the entire interior of the box blue using a foam brush. Let dry, additional coats may be needed to ensure a solid coat of paint.
2. Lay the box on side inside the boxes lid, this will create a base.
3. Glue the large river rocks onto the base portion. Create higher areas by stacking up multiple rocks and glue in place.
4. Fill in the ground and in between the rocks with moss gluing it in place with hot glue.
5. Add fern pieces along the back of the box to mimic evergreen trees, vary the heights and size of the ferns to add interest.
6. Cut off the smaller leaves from the leaf spray and add them to the sides and front of the box to add dimension. (Use the wire cutters to cut the stem. Do not use scissors, as there is wire in the stem which will damage them.)
7. Glue the trees and toob animals in place around the diorama. Make sure to put them on different planes to add depth and dimension. Secure the animals in place by hot gluing them to the rocks, moss and box.