Just Like Mom Cowl
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Super Saver®: 1 (1, 1) skein, Lavender
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5.5mm [I-9 US]
- Yarn needle
- Tape measure
- GAUGE: 12 sts = 4" (10 cm) in double crochet. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- Special Stitch
- bobble = Yo, insert hook in indicated st, yo, draw up a loop, yo and pull through two loops on hook, [yo, insert hook in same st, yo, draw up a loop, yo and pull through two loops on hook] 5 times (7 loops on hook), yo and pull through all 7 loops on hook.
- Cowl is worked in joined rounds with right side facing throughout.
- Work stitches into the top, not the first "leg", of the bobble.
- Directions are for size Toddler. Changes for sizes Girl and Woman are in parentheses.
- Cowl measures 5 (5, 5)" [12.5 (12.5, 12.5) cm] wide x 22 (24, 26)" [56 (61, 66) cm] circumference.
- Ch 66 (72, 78); being careful not to twist, join with slip st in first ch to form a ring.
- Round 1: Ch 1, sc in each ch; join with slip st in first sc—66 (72, 78) sts.
- Round 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), dc in each st; join with slip st in top of beginning ch-3.
- Round 3: Ch 1, sc in each st; join with slip st in first sc.
- Round 4: Ch 1 (does not count as a st), bobble in first st, *ch 1, skip next st, bobble in next st; repeat from * around, ch 1; join with slip st in first bobble—33 (36, 39) bobbles and 33 (36, 39) ch-1 sps.
- Round 5: Ch 1, sc in each st and ch-1 space; join with slip st in first sc—66 (72, 78) sts.
- Rounds 6–9: Repeat Rounds 2–5.
- Rounds 10 and 11: Repeat Rounds 2 and 3. Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- sc = single crochet
- sp(s) = space(s)
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated