SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1/4 yds fabric
- 10"x33" burlap (or premade ribbon)
- 2 Dritz® 4" soft flex iron-on letters
- Dritz® 8" flock iron-on numbers
- Dritz® Fray Check™
- Dritz® belle buttons
- 1/2"x36" wooden dowel rod
- Sewing machine
- Fabric pencil/pen
- Basic sewing supplies
1/2" seam allowance. 1/8" topstitch.
1. Fold fabric in half length-wise, and cut 1/4 yard off of one end.
2. Cut the remaining fabric all the way down the fold, creating two equal pieces (front & back).
3. Keep the two pieces on top of each other, and fold in half lengthwise again.
4. Determine how deep you want the V-shape at the bottom, and mark the apex on the centerfold.
5. Draw a straight line connecting the outer corner to the center mark. Cut.
6. Cut the 1/4 yard strip into six 7"x4" pieces. Sew two pieces together along the 4" sides, turn right side out and topstitch. Repeat with the other four pieces, to create the 3 top loops.
7. Following the instructions on the package, apply the lettering to the banner fabric.
8. Fold the three loops in half and pin or stitch the raw edges together.
9. Place the banner fabrics right sides together, with the three loops sandwiched in between them at the top. Be sure to put top of the loops down inside, with all of the cut edges aligned. Pin all the way around the banner, leaving a 12" opening on one of the long sides.
9. Stitch. Turn it right side out through the 12" opening.
10. Tuck the raw edges of the opening in and topstitch.