Just Us 2 Layout
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 12"x12" Violet Leaf stack
- 4"x6" vertical photo
- 2 wallet-size vertical photos
- 12"x12" dark purple cardstock sheet
- 12"x12" light purple cardstock sheet
- 2, 12"x12" white cardstock sheets
- Assorted flower embellishments (small, medium, large and extra large)
- Personal paper crafting machine with alphabet letters, numbers, and assorted leaf die cuts in variable sizes
- 4 small brads
- 1 medium brad
- Assorted decorative border punches
- Paper crafting adhesive
- Paper trimmer
- Paper crafting pen
1. Cut first white cardstock sheet to 11-1/2"x11-1/2". Trim along one side with a decorative border punch, leaving the other three as is. Adhere this to the center of the light purple cardstock sheet, decorative edge on the left. Cut a 1-1/2"x11-1/2" strip from a green-based print in the stack. Trim along one of the longer sides with the same decorative punch used for the white paper. Adhere this, decorative border on the left, directly on top of the white border. Set the green print aside to be used later.
2. Select two additional prints from the stack. Cut an 11-1/4"x10-3/4" piece from one and a 5"x10-3/4" piece from the other. Adhere the smaller piece horizontally to the top of the larger piece, 1" up from the bottom. Adhere a strip of the purple ribbon horizontally across the grouping, 1-1/2" up from the bottom. Adhere a strip of the black ribbon to the grouping as well, slightly overlapping the bottom edge onto the purple ribbon. When these are in place, adhere the grouping to the layout, framing the right side 1/4" in from the top, side, and bottom borders of the layout, leaving the decorative edge to show on the left.
3. Cut the phrase “just us 2" using the white cardstock in the die cut machine. Cut a large shield shape for the journaling using the dark purple cardstock. Adhere the white letters in three lines as shown in the middle of the shield. Add brads around the border as desired and adhere the journaling block to the page 1/2" in from the left, top edge flush with the top of the layout. Cut 2 small shield shapes from the dark purple cardstock. Put a brad at each point of the shield and adhere them across the bottom of the layout, the first 1" in from the left and the second 2" away from the first.
4. Prepare each set of photos for the layout. Start by adhering the 2 small photos to a section of white cardstock. Cut these out, leaving a thin white border on all sides. Adhere them together to a section of the dark purple cardstock and cut out around the outside of the set only, leaving both photos on the same piece of cardstock and a 1/4" of purple cardstock showing on all sides. Adhere the set to a piece of white cardstock and cut out, leaving 1/8" of white showing on all sides. Finish the photos by adhering the larger one to a piece of white cardstock. Cut this out, leaving 1/8" of white showing on all sides.
5. Before adhering the photos in place, cut out a few sets of large leaves from the print used in step 1. Cut out additional decorative borders, one using the same green print and another using white cardstock. Adhere the smaller borders to the bottom of the small photo grouping and trim as needed.
6. Add the photos to the center area of the page as shown, complementing them with flowers, additional brads, and the leaves cut in step 5.