Finished Size: 9”x9½”
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 pkg Little Dress BoutiqueKatie 1 Yard
- 2 Little Dress BoutiqueKatie Fabric Quarters: Coral Poppy, Navy Small Hearts
- Heavy-weight fusible interfacing: 1/8 yd
- CD or 4 ½” circle
- Rotary cutter, acrylic ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- 4 – 7½”x10½” rectangles (bag & bag lining)
- 1– 3”x18” rectangle (strap) Coral Poppy:
- 2 – 2”x18” rectangles (ties) Navy Small Hearts:
- 4 – 3½”x8½” rectangles (bag band and bag band lining) Heavy-weight interfacing:
- 2 – 3½”x8½” rectangles (bag band)
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse the heavy-weight interfacing to the wrong side of two Navy Small Hearts bag bands.
- Place Medallion Flowers bag pieces RST and trace a CD or 4½” circle template to round two corners on one long side. Cut on drawn lines. Repeat for the bag lining pieces.
- Sew rows of gathering stitches 1/8” and 1/4” along the straight edge of the bag and bag lining leaving tails on both sides
- Gather the bag by pulling the thread tails to fit the interfaced bag band; pin RST. Sew and press seam toward the bag band. Repeat for the bag lining and bag band lining without interfacing.
- Fold one Coral Poppy tie (2”x18”) wrong sides together so long edges meet; press. Open the tie and press one end ¼” to the wrong side and the long edges to the center fold. Fold in half again and topstitch close to all folded edges. Repeat to make two ties.
- With the right side of bag facing up, measure half way down each side of the band; pin the cut end of a tie; baste. Note: Pin free ends of the ties to center of bag to prevent catching them when sewing side seams.
- Pin bag pieces RST; sew. Repeat to sew bag lining pieces leaving a 4” opening along the bottom for turning.
- Follow Step 5 to sew the Medallion Flowers strap, except leave both ends open.
- Center and pin the ends of the strap over the side seams with edges even; sew.
- With lining wrong side out, place bag inside so right sides are together; pin the top with edges even and side seams matching; sew. Turn right side out through opening in lining. Press top edge flat and sew ¼” from edge. Sew opening in lining closed.
- Tie bow at center and tack to bag band.
Items in This Collection
Item # 1231307
Available for U.S. Shipping Only