Note: 1/4" seam allowance used throughout
WOF = width of fabric
Use of design wall is helpful
1. Cut four 2-1/2"xWOF strips from each of the ten coordinating fabrics.
2. Place sixteen strips on design wall in desired order. Stitch two strips with right sides together and long edges even. Press seam allowances toward darker fabric. Alternating the direction strips are sewn, continue until strip set contains eight strips. Make two. (Hint: Stair-stepping the beginning of each added strip and keeping the strip set less wide gives the most efficient use of fabric.)
3. Mark a 45-degree line across the strip set. Cut a 5-1/2" wide strip along that line. Repeat for the second 8-piece strip set. Stitch the two 5-1/2" wide diagonal strips together to create a 16-strip piece.
4. Continue stitching and cutting strips as needed until four diagonal strips have been completed with cuts made in both (diagonally left to right and diagonally right to left) directions.
5. Cut two 6" x WOF strips from the border fabric. Cut strips into eight 6" squares. Cut each square in half diagonally. Stitch to top and bottom of each strip set. Square up end of strip set, if needed.
6. Using photo as reference, stitch one diagonal strip from each direction together along long edges. Make four chevrons.
7. Cut seven 2-1/2" x WOF strips of border fabric. Stitch short ends together. Measure length of diagonal strip sets and cut five border strips to that measurement. Alternate border strips with chevron strips and stitch together along long edges. Press seam allowances towards border pieces.
8. Cut and piece backing fabric as needed to create a 58" square.
9. Layer backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt as desired. Trim excess batting and backing.
10. Cut six 2-1/2" x WOF strips for binding. Diagonally stitch short ends together. Press seam allowance open. With wrong sides together and long edges even, press. Stitch binding to quilt with raw edges even and right sides together. Turn to back and whipstitch.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>