Kelly Ripa Roman Shade With Inside Mount
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Kelly Ripa fabric
- Equal amount of lining fabric
- Roman shade tape with attached rings (2 ½ times length of shade)
- Poly shade cord ( about 4 times length measurement)
- Two, 2” L brackets
- Two, ¼” metal screw eyes
- 1” X 2” mounting board cut to inside width of window minus ¼”
- ½” diameter dowel rod for bottom cut width of shade minus 1”
- sewing machine
- basic sewing supplies
- Iron and pressing surface
1/2 “ seam allowance
1.For cutting width, measure inside width of window and add 1”.
2.For cutting length, measure inside length of window and add 3”.
3.Using determined measurements, cut 1 piece each, fabric and lining.
4.Right sides together, seam ½” both long sides and bottom of shade.
5.Turn right side out and press.
6.Zig zag or serge top edge.
7.Turn bottom hem up 1 ½” to lining side and stitch close to edge.
8.Pin and stitch on lining side, two lengths of tape about 7” to 10” from long sides, making sure that rings are at same height.
9.Place screw eyes in underside of mounting board at same measurement of tape.
10.Attach L brackets to bottom of board, 1” from each edge.
11.Staple or tack top of shade to top of mounting board.
12.Cut poly cord in two and tie each piece to a bottom ring.
13.Thread the rest of the cord up through the rings and through the corresponding screw eyes. (Cords should be on one side).
14.Slide dowel rod into hem.
15.Mount shade to window.