Kid's Drawstring MLS Backpack
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yard MLS Fabric
- 4 yards of drawstring
- 2 Grommets or Eyelets and Eyelet/grommet pliers
- Scissors and pinking sheers
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut two pieces of fabric that are 16” wide and 18” tall. You can make the backpack smaller or larger by adding or subtracting inches accordingly.
- Place the two pieces of fabric together, wrong sides touching.
- Measure 3 inches from the top left side and pin; do the same to the right side.
- Starting at the one of the pins, sew the sides and bottom closed using a 3/8th seam allowance. Trim as close the seam as possible.
- Turn the bag inside out and sew the same the edges, incasing the original seam.
- Fold and iron the top edge of each side 3/8th of an inch.
- Fold the top of each side to match the 3” mark. Pin making sure not to pin the bag closed.
- Sew a straight seam across the top creating a tube on each side. Turn the bag right side out.
- Using you eyelet or grommet pliers, place two eyelets evenly on the bottom corners.
- Cut the drawstring into two 2 yard pieces.
- Using a safety pin, feed the drawstring through the front right opening of the bag. Once you get it though feed through the left opening so that both ends are coming out of the left side. Do the same thing on the left side.
- Push the drawstring ends through the eyelet and tie them securely. Trim any excess.
Enjoy the following related projects:
Items in This Collection
Item # 13680053
Available for U.S. Shipping Only