Kid's Identifier Tags
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Duct tape sheets in colors of choice
- 3" x 5" piece of clear film, acetate or clear plastic bags from duct tape sheets
- Sheet of colored Foamie™ (optional)
- Colorful rings
- Bag of Foamie™ adhesive images: flowers, bugs or style of choice
- Old throw-away business card
- X-Acto® knife
- Straight edge
- Hot glue & glue gun
- Cut a piece of clear film- 4-1/2" x 3-1/2". Set it aside.
- Cut 2 pieces from duct tape sheet, each 5-1/2" x 3-1/2".
- To make the loop, cut a strip of duct tape 6" x 1".
- Fold the edges to the middle of the sticky side and press flat. Fold this piece in half. Set it aside.
- Take one of the 3-1/2" x 5-1/2" pieces and, using the X-Acto® knife, cut a window for the ID information to be viewed. Cut little slits in the corner of the window and fold the duct tape back to the sticky side. Place the clear film on the sticky side of the duct tape. Fold the outside edges back to the sticky side to give it a finished look. This is the front piece of the tag.
- Take the second piece of duct tape and cut the window slightly bigger than the first window. Attach this to the inside of the front piece.
- Cut 2 more pieces of duct tape that are 1/4" larger than the finished front piece.
- While sticking the two pieces together, insert the loop at the long end previously made for hanging the tag. This will be the back piece of the tag.
- Hot glue the front piece to the back piece.
- If desired, skip making the back piece and instead cut a piece from the sheet of Foamie™ for the back piece.
Items in This Collection
Item # 10199008
Available for U.S. Shipping Only