Kids Table Turkey Centerpiece
Dress up the kids' table at Thanksgiving with this whimsical turkey.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Mod Podge® Gloss
- Washout for Kids
- Large brown pompom
- Smoothfoam™ 4" ball
- Two 3" wood circles
- 1/2" flat brush ”
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Scrapbook papers
- Orange/purple striped chenille pipe cleaners
- Yellow & orange felt scraps
- Small google eyes
- Paper towels
- Water basin
- Foam plates
- Black marker or paint pen
1. Cut newspaper into small squares. Insert a dowel rod or pencil into foam ball. Apply squares to ball with Mod Podge®. Allow to dry. Seal with several coats.
2. Cut 1" off of one end of craft sticks.
3. Trace sticks onto backs of scrapbook paper & cut out. Use Mod Podge® to apply paper to sticks. Allow to dry & seal with additional coats.
4. Cut a small diamond shape out of yellow felt. Fold in half & secure with glue. Cut a small teardrop shape out of orange felt & glue to yellow beak. Glue beak to brown pompom as shown. Glue google eyes to pompom. Glue head to foam ball over hole made by pencil.
5. Glue craft stick in a half circle to one 3" wood circle. Cut 11â„2"ends off another craft stick & glue at angles under already-glued sticks. Sandwich & glue the second 3" circle over sticks.
6. Glue craft stick tail to opposite end of foam ball from head.
7. Twist chenille stems into feet. Glue to bottom of foam ball.
Project Tip: Personalize the body of turkey with a black marker or paint pen.