Kindness Card with Stamped Flower
Supplies & Tools:
DecoArt Media® Fluid Acrylics:
- Carbon Black
- Gold (Metallic)
DecoArt Media® Misters:
- Primary Magenta
- White (Shimmer)
Canson XL Mixed Media Journal, Blick
Cardstock (white & black)
Ink pad (black & red archival inks)
Strathmore Mixed Media Card, Blick
Winsor + Newton Gold Drawing Ink, Blick
½” foam tape
Whimsical Flowers Cling Stamp Set, Art Gone Wild
Wild Blossoms in Bloom Cling Stamp Set, Art Gone Wild
Newspaper (or large piece of paper)
Spray bottle (small; filled with water)
Hair dryer (or heat gun; optional)
NOTES: It's a good idea to work on newsprint or large piece of paper when creating background paper. You can easily pick up salty mess to throw away and avoid getting canning salt everywhere.
If desired, use finer or coarser grain of salt depending on look you are going for.
- Place journal page on piece of newsprint and quickly spritz with Orange and Primary Magenta Media Misters.
- Spritz entire sheet with water and blot with paper towel or scrap paper to remove excess water.
- Spritz with Orange Media Mister again and then with water.
- Sprinkle canning salt over wet paint and set aside to dry. You can use hairdryer or heat gun to speed up drying, but be prepared for salt to go everywhere.
- When background is dry, brush the salt off paper. (You can discard it or save it for another project.)
- Spritz White Shimmer Mister on non-porous surface and apply paint to stamp.
- Create random design over entire surface of the paper. Repeat this process with Primary Magenta and Orange misters.
- Using different stamp, apply stamped image using black and red archival inks. Use paintbrush to splat Metallic Gold and Carbon Black Fluid Acrylics over entire page to unify design and create painterly look. Set aside to dry completely.
- Spritz Orange Media Mister on white cardstock and let dry. Stamp flower used to create background paper in Orange Media Mister.
- Trim background paper to 4¾" by 6¾" and mat on black cardstock cut to 5" x 7".
- Stamp sentiment on white cardstock and trim. Mat on black cardstock and attach to card. Refer to photo for placement.
- Fussy cut around Orange Media Mister flower and add some painted details or color some petals with marker.
- Attach flower to card front using ½” foam tape. Attach card panel to card base, and card is ready to send out.