SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Poly-Fil® Ultra Plush fiberfill
- 1/2 yard fabric
- Small pieces of fabric for fins
- Black & white felt for eyes
- Black embroidery floss & needle
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Pattern – shrink or enlarge as desired
- Cut out fish pattern pieces from pattern template.
- Fold fabric(s) in half and trace patterns onto selected fabric(s). Pin and cut out.
- Pin fin and flipper pieces, right sides together, and sew together using a 1/4" seam allowance. Leave opening on end.
- Turn right side out and stuff with a little Poly-Fil® Ultra Plush fiberfill.
- To attach flippers: tuck raw edges in. Pin and top stitch to side of fish body. Repeat on other side.
- Pin fish body together with right sides in. Pin the top and bottom fins to correct areas of body. Pin and sew, using 1/4" seam allowance and leaving a small opening to allow for turning right side out and stuffing.
- Clip seam allowance at all curves.
- Stuff with Poly-Fil® Ultra Plush fiberfill and stitch closed using a slip stitch.
- Cut black and white felt for eyes and hand sew onto fish.
- Use a Turning Tool to turn right sides out in corner areas (like tail).
- It is helpful to notch curves to allow the fabric to stretch around bends, which in turn produces nice finished curves that lay flat without wrinkles.
- When sewing with small pieces of fabric, it is beneficial to use a clear sewing foot to help with sewing visibility.