SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Old piece of furniture (i.e. desk or dresser)
- Chalk finish paint (2 or more colors for furniture)
- Spray paint (for hardware)
- Decorative hooks
- Small shelves or bins (some type of storage)
- Dowel rod
- Paper towels
- Masking or painter's tape
- Sandpaper (if needed, not necessary with chalk paint)
- Drop cloth or newspapers
1. Remove hardware with screwdriver.
2. Clean hardware. Allow to dry.
3. Clean furniture. Allow to dry.
4. Prepare area for spray painting hardware. Do this outside.
5. Spray paint hardware. Follow directions on can.
6. Prepare area for painting furniture by laying down a drop cloth or newspapers.
7. Plan out painted areas on furniture. Tape off areas as needed.
8. Paint furniture with main color of chalk finish paint. Follow instructions on paint label for coverage and drying time.
9. Paint with accent colors for trim or designs.
10. When painting is complete and dry, reattach hardware.
11. Add additional hardware, like hooks to hang ladles, shelves to hold spices a dowel rod to hang a towel. Add more storage options as desired.