SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1000 ct Toothpaste beads
- 1000 ct Yellow beads
- 1000 ct Light Green beads
- 1000 ct Orange beads
- 1000 ct White beads
- 250 pc Beads & Rods
- Small Large (needs clarification – seems contradictory) Basic Shapes Clear Pegboards, 5ct
- Ironing Paper
- 20” string (two pieces)
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Using the Large Hexagon board, place the beads on the board following the pattern.
2. Place the paper on top of the design.
3. Ask an adult to fuse the designs.
4. Thread a string through the bottom of the kite and pull strands even.
5. Add a small bead to both strings and pull to top. Separate the strands and add a few inches of long and short beads to each strand. Tie a double knot to each end to secure beads.
1. Ask an adult to fuse the designs. Place the pegboard on a flat, heat-safe surface.
2. Set a household iron to the medium setting. Place ironing paper over the pegboard. In a circular motion, begin to iron the project. Do not press down with the iron. As the beads begin to fuse, the circles of the beads will start to show through the paper. When ironed properly, the beads will still have an open center. Let the design cool.
3. Remove the paper and bead design from the pegboard. Flip the design over to expose the non-fused side. Repeat step two. Allow to cool completely.
Beads need heat for about 10-20 seconds per side to fuse evenly. Lift the paper occasionally to see how the beads are fusing. Depending on the size of the project, additional heating time may be required.