Knit Blocked Blanket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand VANNA'S CHOICE yarn:Chocolate 4 balls (A)Taupe, 1 ball (B)Honey, 1 ball (C)Sapphire, 2 balls (D)Dusty Green, 1 ball (E)Rose, 2 balls (F)Kelly Green, 1 ball (G)Olive, 1 ball (H)Pea Green, 1 ball (I)Wild Berry, 1 ball (J)Eggplant, 1 ball (K)Rust, 1 ball (L)Dusty Blue, 1 ball (M)Toffee, 1 ball (N)Linen, 1 ball (O)or colors of choice
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Circular knitting needle, size 8 (5 mm), 40 in. (101.5 cm) long
44" x 64" (112 x 162.5 cm)
16 sts + 22 rows = 4 in. (10 cm) in St st (k on RS, p on WS).
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
1. When changing colors, twist yarns on WS to prevent holes.
2. Circular needle is used to accommodate large number of sts. Work back and forth as if working on straight needles.
3. Work Chart from right to left on RS rows, from left to right on WS rows.
With A, cast on 160 sts.
Chart Row 1 (RS): Working back and forth on circular needle, knit, following Chart Row 1 from right to left and repeating 80 sts of Chart twice.
Chart Row 2 (WS): Purl, following Chart Row 2 from left to right and repeating 80 sts of Chart twice.
Working in St st (k on RS, p on WS) continue chart as established to Row 92. Rep Rows 1–92 twice more, then rep Rows 1–46 once more. Do not bind off.
Color Sequence for Border
1 row A, 4 rows D, 2 rows A, 4 rows F, 2 rows D, 4 rows A.
With A, k 1 row.
*Work in Garter st (k every row), following Color Sequence and increasing 1 st at beg of every row. When Color Sequence has been completed, bind off.**
With RS facing and A, pick up and k 160 sts across lower edge of Afghan. Rep from * to ** of Top Border.
With RS facing and A, pick up and k 242 sts along one side edge. Rep from * to ** of Top Border. Rep across opposite edge.
Seam mitered corners of Borders. Weave in ends.
beg = begin(ning)
k = knit
p = purl
rep = repeat
RS = right side
St st = Stockinette stitch
st(s) = stitch(es)
WS = wrong side