1. Cut a 5"-6" length of wire.
2. Wrap one end loosely around a knitting needle so there is a 1/2" &- 1" tail on one end and a longer tail on the other. The loop should be a little larger than the needle.
3. Wrap the shorter tail around the longer one using pliers.
4. Add 1-2 beads. Keep bead length under 1" so that it does not interfere with the yarn while knitting.
5. Create a loop with the round nose pliers and wrap the excess wire around the loop. Trim excess wire.
Tip: Coordinate colors to match knitting needles so you are able to determine which markers fit which needles.