Knitted Harvest Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Styrofoam brand foam wreath
- Lion Brand Homespun yarn
- 2 skeins Harvest, 1 skein each Olive& Golden
- Knitting needles - sizes 15 & 19
- Floral pins
- Wind a small ball of Harvest yarn to about 2", a ball of Olive yarn to about 3" and a ball of Golden yarn to about 4". Cut off and secure ends with glue. Set aside.
- With size 15 needles and Harvest yarn, cast on 42 stitches. Knit every row using up both skeins. Bind off. Set aside.
- Using size 19 needles and Olive yarn, cast on 12 stitches. Working in pattern of your choice, garter stitch or stockinette stitch until piece measures 50" long. Bind off.
- Wrap foam wreath with a strip of batting. Secure end in place with floral pin.
- Fold knitted Harvest yarn piece in half widthwise. Lay on top of wreath and pull sides to back, slightly gathering and securing with floral pins at back.
- Fold knitted Olive yarn piece in half lengthwise, form a loop, gather and attach to wreath, leaving ends hang- ing like a bow. Refer to photo.
- Glue yarn balls and needles in place as shown.