Knitting Needle Case
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd Blue/gold border-design fabric
- 1/2 yd Warm & Natural batting
- 2 yds Gold cord
- Basic sewing supplies
- With border at 15" end, cut:
- One 22"x15"fabric piece for blue side.
- One 8"x15"fabric piece for blue side.
- One 29"x15"fabric piece for gold side.
- Cut one piece of batting 29"x15".
- With blue sides together and using 1/2" seam allowance, sew the non-border end of the 22"x15" and 8"x15" pieces together. Press seam open.
- Layer batting, pieced blue side up and gold side fabric, blue side up. Sew all four sides, leaving a 4" opening. Turn, press and stitch opening closed.
- Fold up blue side at seam, fold gold cord in half and place at edge between layers; stitch both sides.
- Cut two 4-1/2"x5-1/2" fabric pieces for pocket. Pin blue sides together, sew all around leaving an opening, turn and press. Pin pocket to center bottom of case (bottom of the short blue side at seam). Topstitch center pocket and continue stitching to the top of the folded section.
- Topstitch 2 seams on each side of pocket, about 1-3/4" apart to form pockets for the knitting needles.