SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Mason jar
- Decorative knob
- Acrylic craft paint
- Detail paintbrush
- Medium flat paintbrush
- White flat spray paint
- Drill with bit sized for knob screw
- Hot glue gun & glue stiks
- Scrap piece of wood
- Paper towels/newspaper
Read through the directions before starting & use the photo as a guide.
1. Remove the lid from the mason jar and place the round center piece of the lid on a scrap piece of wood. Using a hammer and nail make a hole in the center of the lid. This will allow you to drill a hole in the lid without the drill bit moving around.
2. Drill a hole in the top of the lid using the nail hole as starting point. Make sure the bit size is the same as the bolt on your knob. Do not make too big or too small or it will not fit.
3. Glue the two pieces of the lid together by applying a line of glue around the inside of the lid ring. Take the center round portion of the drilled lid and put it inside the ring.
4. Prime the lids. In a well-ventilated area with newspaper or paper towels protecting the work surface, spray paint the lid white. For best results, apply several light coats of paint and allow the paint to dry between coats.
5. Once the spray paint is dry and the lid is fully primed, apply acrylic craft paint to the lid. Base coat the lid using a medium flat paintbrush. Add designs with a detail brush. Use the photo provided or knob as inspiration for colors and designs.
6. Allow the paint to fully dry. Thread the knob onto the lid through the predrilled hole. Apply the washer and nuts to the back of the knob and hand tighten to secure the knob in place.