Koko Lee™ Quilt Bedding
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1/4 yds each of Koko Lee fabrics #1-#4
- 1 yd each of Koko Lee fabrics #5-#9
- 6 yds for quilt backing
- 1 yd for pillow sham backings
- 1-1/2 yds muslin for quilting shams
- 1-1/2 yds for binding
- Queen-size hi-loft batting
- Crib size batting for shams
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Sewing machine
Quilt Size 80"x100"
To print the templates and charts, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
Pillow shams for standard pillow 26"x20"
Note – use 1/4" seam allowances throughout.
- Refer to the Cutting Chart to identify fabric and see cutting sizes. Cut fabric according to the chart.
- The quilt is sewn together in seven large blocks, as identified in the Placement Diagram. Working one large block at a time, arrange the fabric and sew the pieces together.
- Sew the large blocks in rows, then sew the rows together to form the quilt top.
- Sandwich the backing, batting and top together and quilt as desired.
- Trim the edges and sew on the binding.
For 2 Shams:
- From remaining quilt fabrics cut six strips 10" x 21".
- From backing cut 4 pieces 17" x 21".
- Sew 3 strips together for each sham.
- Sandwich the muslin, batting and top of each sham together and quilt as desired.
- Trim to 27" x 21".
- To finish the shams, turn down one 17" wide side of each backing piece 1/2" and press. Turn down another 1/2", press and stitch.
- Lay front face down and pin 2 back pieces right sides up overlapping stitched edges.
- Stitch around in 1/4" seam. Bind just as the quilt.