1. Cut a 3” section from middle back of cardigan, leaving collar intact.
2. Cut a strip of lace 6” wide by length of cardigan plus 1” (for hem).
3. Pleat, or gather, top of lace strip to measure 3 1/2”; Baste.
4. Pin strip to cardigan, right sides together; pleat/gather on collar.
5. Stitch; 1/4” seam allowance.
6. Press seams toward cardigan.
7. Press hem to match hem of cardigan; approx. 1”.
8. Fold under another ½”; top stitch 1/4”.
LACE PEPLUM TOP
1. Remove peplum from existing top.
2. Use the peplum as a template and cut lace, allowing ½” on sides for seam allowance and 1” for hem at the bottom.
3. Stitch sides of lace together, 1/2” seam allowance; press seam open.
4. Baste lace to original peplum, wrong side of lace to right side of peplum; match side seams.
5. Press & pin hem of lace approximately 1/2”, matching hem of the original peplum.
6. Top stitch hem with 1/4” seam allowance.
7. Pin peplum back to top, use baste stitch to gather if needed.
8. Stitch; 1/4” seam allowance.
9. Serge this seam, if able to.
10. Press seam toward bottom.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.