Lace Bridal Sash
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Yard Simplicity®/MD 2" ivory chiffon ruffle trim
- 1 Yard Simplicity®/MD 1 1/4" ivory vertical lace trim
- 1/2 Yard Simplicity®/MD natural double daisy lace trim
- 1/2 Yard Simplicity®/MD ivory beaded bridal lace trim
- 1/4 Yard Simplicity®/MD 6MM ivory half pearl trim
- 1/4 Yard Simplicity®/MD 3MM fused pearl trim
- 3" Simplicity®/MD rhinestone trim
- 1/4 yd. ivory satin fabric
- 1 hook & eye closure
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Sewing machine & coordinating thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
*Please note this sash was made using measurements for a 25" waist.
Yardages may vary depending on individual waist measurements.
1. Cut the satin fabric 5" wide by the length of waist measurement plus 3".
2. With right sides together, stitch the long edges and one short end together using a 1/2" seam allowance. Leave the second short end open for turning.
3. Turn the fabric sash right sides out and press so the seam is down the center back.
4. Turn and press under the open edge of the fabric. Stitch closed.
5. Attach hook and eye to sash according to manufacturer’s instructions. Sash should overlap approximately 2".
6. Cut the following lengths of trim: one 9" length and one 15" length of chiffon ruffle trim; one 15" length of double daisy lace trim; and three 10" lengths of vertical lace trim.
7. To make flowers, set the stitch length on sewing machine to the longest it can go and stitch a seam down each trim, making sure not to backstitch on either end. For laces, stitch 1/4" away from bottom edge and for chiffon ruffle stitch 1" from satin edge.
8. For two chiffon trim lengths, cut the layers apart at the fold, creating two layers.
9. Pull one strand of thread to create gathers in the trim. Once gathered into a circle, secure with hot glue. Repeat for all flowers (total of 6).
10. Layer one of the small lace flowers in the center of the large lace flower and adhere with hot glue.
11. Create embellishments for the center of each flower by using any combination of the two pearl trims or the rhinestone trim.
12. Fold the sash in half to find the center. Mark with a pin.
13. Arrange the five trim flowers on the sash to determine desired placement.
14. Cut motifs from the beaded bridal lace trim to extend past the flower arrangement and also peek out from underneath the flowers.
15. Hot glue all elements in place.