Lace Peplum Top
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Top with a peplum
- 1/4-1/2 yard lace fabric, depending on the length of the peplum
- Matching thread
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Remove original peplum.
2. Use the peplum as a template and cut lace, allowing 1/2" on sides for seam allowance and 1” for hem at the bottom.
3. Stitch sides of lace together, 1/2" seam allowance; press seam open.
4. Baste lace to original peplum, wrong side of lace to right side of peplum; match side seams.
5. Press and pin hem of lace approximately 1/2", matching hem of the original peplum.
6. Top stitch hem with 1/4" seam allowance.
7. Pin peplum back to top, use baste stitch to gather if needed.
8. Stitch; 1/4" seam allowance.
9. Serge this seam, if able to.
10. Press seam toward bottom.