1. Measure the bust or chest, measuring all around the body. Subtract 2" from this measurement. This is the amount of fabric needed. Note: When purchasing fabric be sure to measure from the SHIRRED side of fabric to purchase the correct yardage.
2. Determine desired finished length and hem (if necessary).
3. Lie fabric out flat and measure from side edge to side edge. Cut two pieces of lace trim using this measurement.
4. Measure 25" up from the bottom edge of fabric and place top edge of first row of lace at this measurement. Pin lace in place.
5. Measure 13-1/2" up from the bottom edge of fabric and place top edge of second row of lace at this measurement. Pin in place.
6. Sew lace to fabric by stitching close to both long edges of trim.
7. Cut away fabric from BEHIND lace rows, leaving 3/8" from stitched edges (making sure not to cut lace accidentally).
8. With the RIGHT sides of the fabric facing each other, match and pin the cut edges together, forming a tube.
9. Using a straight machine stitch, stitch the pinned edge in a 1/2" seam. Press seam to blend stitching, and then press the seam open.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>