1. Measure the bust or chest, measuring all around the body. Subtract 2" from this measurement. This is the amount of fabric needed. Note: When purchasing fabric be sure to measure from the SHIRRED side of fabric to purchase the correct yardage.
2. Determine desired finished length and hem (if necessary).
3. Lie fabric out flat and measure from side edge to side edge. Cut two pieces of lace trim using this measurement.
4. Measure 25" up from the bottom edge of fabric and place top edge of first row of lace at this measurement. Pin lace in place.
5. Measure 13-1/2" up from the bottom edge of fabric and place top edge of second row of lace at this measurement. Pin in place.
6. Sew lace to fabric by stitching close to both long edges of trim.
7. Cut away fabric from BEHIND lace rows, leaving 3/8" from stitched edges (making sure not to cut lace accidentally).
8. With the RIGHT sides of the fabric facing each other, match and pin the cut edges together, forming a tube.
9. Using a straight machine stitch, stitch the pinned edge in a 1/2" seam. Press seam to blend stitching, and then press the seam open.