Lacy Fringe Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 strand 4mm round glass pearls, dark pink
- 1 strand pearly oval beads, dark pink
- 1 pkg seed beads, dark pink
- 1 strand 4mm round glass pearls, dark red
- 1 strand textured 4mm round glass pearls, dark red
- 1 strand textured pearly oval beads, dark red
- 1 pkg seed beads, dark red
- 2 strands 6mm round acrylic beads, red
- 4 strands 6mm glass cathedral beads, red
- 2 bead cones, silver
- Lobster clasp, silver
- 1 spool beading thread, red
- 10" length of 22-gauge wire, silver
- Multipurpose adhesive
- Beading needle
- Wire cutters
- Pliers: round-nose, chain-nose
- Prepare a needle with beading thread (never cut thread off spool at beginning). Start from center of strand. Make central branch: string 45 dark pink seed beads, dark red textured pearly oval bead (accent bead) and seed bead.
- Bring needle back through accent bead and last 10 seed beads. Tighten tension; remove gaps between beads.
- Add 2 seed beads, accent bead and seed bead.
- Bring needle back through accent bead, 2 seed beads and 10 seed beads of central branch.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to create 2 more coral branches. Bring needle up through last 15 seed beads.
- String 10 seed beads (distance between branches), 40 dark pink seed beads, dark red textured pearly oval bead (accent bead) and seed bead.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5.
- Continue beading from center of strand, reducing number of beads on each subsequent branch by 5. Bead
branches 5" to 6" long; string seed beads along 8" (full strand will be 16"). Leave extra 10" of thread; cut.
- Return to first branch (with beading thread spool) and create all branches on other side of strand.
- Create 2 more strands with coral branches using dark pink seed beads and dark pink pearly oval accent beads.
Create one strand using red seed beads and red 6mm glass cathedral beads on bottom of branches.
- Prepare needle with beading thread; alternately string dark red textured 4mm round glass pearl
and 3 dark red seed beads along 16". Cut beading thread, leaving 8" to 10" of extra length on each side.
Always start and finish strands with seed beads.
- Next strand: alternately string dark pink 4mm round glass pearl and 2 dark red seed beads along 16".
- Next strand: alternately string red 6mm glass cathedral bead and 7 dark red seed beads along 16".
- Final strand: alternately string red 6mm round acrylic bead and 10 dark pink seed beads along 16".
- Put beaded strands together. Knot all ending threads; tighten each thread separately to secure.
- Cut 5" wire and make wrapped loop on one end to form eyepin.
- Pass half the threads through eyepin loop in one direction and other half in opposite direction, knot. Secure the knot with multipurpose adhesive. Cut excess threads.
- Slide bead cone onto eyepin; form a wrapped loop. Connect to lobster clasp before closing loop.
- Slightly braid or twist all necklace strands, knot and secure with glue.