SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
1 Land of Whimzie Fabric Quarter: Trendy Baby or Sweet Baby collection
1" Velcro brand fastener
1" yd medium rickrack
Water soluble fabric marker
Basic sewing supplies
Iron and pressing surface
Finished Size: 9"x14"
Note: 1/4" seam allowance unless otherwise noted.
1. With right sides together, fold Fabric Quarter in half to measure 10"x18".
2. Print and tape bib template pieces together, referring to template for detailed instructions. Place template on top of
folded fabric, pin in place and cut around shape. Remove template.
3. Place one cut bib piece right side up. Fold one end of rickrack back 1/4" and match to edge of fabric beginning at
back of neck opening. Sew rickrack around outer edges of bib and by stitching down the center of the trim. When
reaching the starting point, trim rickrack and fold back 1/4" and stitch in place.
4. Trim Velcro to 3/4 square. Using template as your placement guide, sew one portion of the Velcro piece where
6. Pin two bib pieces right sides together. Using the rickrack stitching lines as your guide, sew pieces together leaving
indicated in Diagram 3.
a 6" opening on the straight side of bib as shown in Diagram 5. Clip curves. Turn bib to right side and press. Hand
sew opening closed.
5. Place second cut bib piece right side up as shown. Again, using the template as your placement guide, sew
remaining portion of the Velcro piece where indicated in Diagram.
7. With right side of bib facing up, position button at center on flap and sew in place.
Created by Fabric Editions, Inc.
back to top