Leaf Window Frame
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- ColorMaster Primer, White
- ColorMaster Paint, Khaki
- Make It Stone Travertine Tan
- 6-Pane Window Frame
- Styrofoam™ brand foam, 12” x 36” x 1” sheets (4)
- FloraCraft® Wonder Cutter Hot Wire Tool
- Serrated kitchen knife
- Old candle
- Rough sandpaper
- Thick white craft glue
- Duct tape
- Wood putty (if needed for uneven areas in window frame)
1. Protect ventilated workspace with newspaper.
2. Remove glass from window frame. Sand frame with rough sandpaper to remove old loose paint, dirt and grease. Fill uneven areas with wood putty if desired. Wipe with a damp cloth to remove wood dust.
3. Spray frame with white primer and let dry.
4. Measure window holes and cut six foam rectangles with serrated kitchen knife; for easier, smoother cutting, wax knife with old candle first.
5. Draw leaf shapes on remaining foam and cut shapes with FloraCraft® Wonder Cutter.
6. Spray frame with several light coats of khaki until covered. Let dry.
7. Glue leaf shapes onto foam window rectangles with white craft glue.
8. Spray leaf panels with two coats of Travertine Tan following directions on can.
9. Secure leaf panels into window frame with duct tape on the backside.