SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cricut Expression® 2 Electronic Cutting Machine
- Cricut® Everyday Cartridge: A Quilted Christmas
- Fat Quarters: white, brown, tan, black, pink
- Heavy-duty, double-sided iron-on fabric stabilizer
- Iron and ironing board
- Floss: white
- Needle and thread
- Cardstock: white
- Thin batting
- Thin marker
1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to iron on stabilizer to fabric. Remove paper backing before placing fabric on cutting mat.
2. Create deer shadow. Using A Quilted Christmas cartridge and white fabric, select Shadow feature and cut one 7" <Deer2>. Repeat cut using Flip function. Cut flipped shadow again from white cardstock.
3. Use cardstock shadow as a pattern for batting. Use marker to trace shadow onto batting. Cut just inside the marker line.
4. Place batting between white fabric shadow pieces. Iron together according to manufacturer’s instructions. Use Floss to blanket stitch around edges.
5. Create deer. Using black fabric, cut one 7" <Deer2>. Repeat cut using white fabric & Layer 2 feature. Repeat cut using tan fabric & Layer 3 feature. Using brown fabric, press Shift & cut one 7" <Deer2-s>. Repeat cut using pink fabric and Layer 1 feature. Iron layers onto shadow one at a time according to manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Use needle & thread to sew a loop of floss to back of ornament for hanger.