Learn to Knit an Eclipse Poncho
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Hometown USA® San Antonio Spur, 7 balls or colors of choice
- Circular knitting needle size 13 (9 mm), 29" (73.5 cm) long
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Tape measure
- About 19" x 52" (48.5 cm x 132 cm), before folding and seaming
- 101?2 sts + 16 rows = about 4" (10 cm) over Rows 1-4 of pattern.
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- Poncho is worked in one piece, then seamed.
- A circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of sts. Work back and forth on the circular needle as if working on straight needles.
- Cast on 50 sts.
- Row 1 (Right Side): K2, *p1, k2; rep from * to end of row.
- Row 2: P2, *k1, p2; rep from * to end of row.
- Row 3: K2, *p4, k2; rep from * to end of row.
- Row 4: P2, *k4, p2; rep from * to end of row.
- Rep Rows 1-4 until your piece measures about 52 in. (132 cm) from beginning, end with a Row 4 as the last row you work.
- Bind off.
- Following diagram, sew cast on edge to side edge of Poncho.
- Weave in yarn ends.
- k = knit
- p = purl
- rep = repeat
- st(s) = stitch(es)