SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 8"x10" leather panel
- Tracing film
- Spray bottle or sponge
- Acrylic paints
- Ballpoint stylus
- Scissors or craft knife
1. Using a pencil, draw or trace a mask pattern onto tracing film.
2. Wet leather lightly with sponge or spray bottle.
3. Transfer pattern from tracing film to dampened leather with the ballpoint stylus.
4. Cut out the leather mask.
5. Carefully shape the mask by hand to fit contour of the face.
6. Allow the mask to dry completely.
1. Make a textured mask with the suede side out.
2. Curl over the edges of the mask for a smooth finish.
3. Fringe the mask, then twist the fringe to create hair and or add beads.
4. Paint the mask.
5. Embellish the mask with feathers, beads or rivets.