SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies
- 20" Fondant Roller
- 20" Fondant Roller Guide Rings (orange used)
- Green Decorator Preferred Fondant (34 oz.)
- Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Leaf Double Cut-Outs Set (fourth smallest [7/8"x2"] used)
- Wave Flower Former Set
- 8"x2" Round Pan
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- 13" Angled Spatula
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4.5 lb. Tub
- Fondant Smoother
- Fondant Trimmer
- Brush Set
- Piping Gel
- Favorite cake recipe or mix (8 cups batter needed)
- Plastic ruler
- Make fondant leaves in advance. Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out fondant 1/8" thick. Use smooth edge of fourth smallest [7/8"x2"] leaf cutter from set to cut 24 leaves. Place leaves on concave side of wave flower former set and allow to dry 4 hours.
- Make cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cake and allow cake to cool. Stack and fill for a 2-layer cake, 4" high.
- Cover cake with fondant. Use spatula and icing to lightly ice cake smooth. Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out fondant 1/8" thick. Cover cake with fondant.
- Decorate cake. Roll out 22 fondant logs, 1/8" wide and in various lengths. Use brush and piping gel to attach to cake for stems and to attach leaves to stems.
Project Tip: Use Wilton Pearl Dust edible accents and a brush to add shimmer to fondant leaves before attaching to cake.