Legacy Studio Fabric Roses
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Legacy Studio fabrics, 5"x30" for each rose
- Faux roses on stem, 1 for each calico rose
- Green floral tape
- Needle & thread
- Tacky glue
- Jewelry pliers
- Fold fabric in half lengthwise with right sides out; press.
- Sew a running stitch along the long edge, 1/4" from raw edge.
- When whole length has been sewn, gather raw edge to measure no more than 10". Tack in place; cut the thread.
- From the rose stem, carefully pull off rosebud and calyx, the leafy part that cups the flower. Set calyx aside. Carefully pull leaf stems from main stem. These will be pushed back onto stems when flowers are completed.
- Using jewelry pliers, bend top of rose stem over and down to form a loop.
- Beginning at right edge of calico "ruffle," roll fabric 2 or 3 times to form a cylinder about the size of a pencil.
- Place stem loop next to cylinder shape, about halfway up the flower. Sew to secure, using double thread.
- Rotate rose stem to form additional layers of fabric, or petals. Attach each new layer by stitching into place. Continue until ruffle ends. Fold end under for a neater finish.
- Wrap raw edge of rose with 4" of florist tape.
- Using scissors, enlarge the center hole of purchased rose calyx to fit around base of calico rose. Glue in place with tacky glue.
- Reattach rose leaves.