Cake serves 12
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare two 6" round pans with parchment paper. Do not spray pans with vegetable pan spray.
2. In large bowl, whip egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and 1/4 cup sugar, one tablespoon at a time; continue whipping until glossy and whites hold stiff peaks.
3. In large bowl, sift together flour, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. In small bowl, whisk together milk, egg yolks, Sweet Meyer Lemon and Creamy Vanilla Custard flavor concentrates. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Fold 1/3 of beaten egg whites into yolk mixture to loosen, then fold in remaining egg whites until no streaks remain. Divide evenly into prepared pans; smooth tops.
5. Bake 23-27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on cooling grid; remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
FLAVOR & COLOR ICING:
6. In large bowl, combine decorator icing and juicy peach flavor concentrate. Remove two cups of icing to be tinted. Add one drop of base orange to the two cups of icing. Mix and remove 1/2 cup of icing. This 1/2 cup will be the lightest color. Add two drops of base orange to the remaining 1. cups of icing. Mix and remove 1/2 cup of icing. This 1/2 cup will be the second lightest color of icing. Add two drops of base orange to the remaining 1 cup of icing. Mix and remove 1/2 cup of icing. This 1/2 cup will be the second darkest color of icing. Add two drops of base orange to the remaining 1/2 cup of icing. This 1/2 cup will be the darkest color.
7. Assemble cake. Level, torte, fill with white icing and stack 6" layers on same size cake circle for a 4-layer cake, 4" high. Use spatula and white icing to lightly ice cake sides.
8. Decorate top of cake. Use spatula and white icing to ice top of cake. Use tip of spatula to make swirl in icing. Place cake on pedestal.
9. Decorate sides of cake. Use tip 18, a cut disposable decorating bag and darkest orange icing to pipe shells on the bottom of the cake. Pipe a second row of shells, positioning the start of each shell between shells of the bottom row. Repeat pattern using tinted icing from second darkest to lightest color until cake is covered.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >