Cake serves 12
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare two 6" round pans with parchment paper. Do not spray pans with vegetable pan spray.
2. In large bowl, whip egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and 1/4 cup sugar, one tablespoon at a time; continue whipping until glossy and whites hold stiff peaks.
3. In large bowl, sift together flour, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. In small bowl, whisk together milk, egg yolks, Sweet Meyer Lemon and Creamy Vanilla Custard flavor concentrates. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Fold 1/3 of beaten egg whites into yolk mixture to loosen, then fold in remaining egg whites until no streaks remain. Divide evenly into prepared pans; smooth tops.
5. Bake 23-27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on cooling grid; remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
FLAVOR & COLOR ICING:
6. In large bowl, combine decorator icing and juicy peach flavor concentrate. Remove two cups of icing to be tinted. Add one drop of base orange to the two cups of icing. Mix and remove 1/2 cup of icing. This 1/2 cup will be the lightest color. Add two drops of base orange to the remaining 1. cups of icing. Mix and remove 1/2 cup of icing. This 1/2 cup will be the second lightest color of icing. Add two drops of base orange to the remaining 1 cup of icing. Mix and remove 1/2 cup of icing. This 1/2 cup will be the second darkest color of icing. Add two drops of base orange to the remaining 1/2 cup of icing. This 1/2 cup will be the darkest color.
7. Assemble cake. Level, torte, fill with white icing and stack 6" layers on same size cake circle for a 4-layer cake, 4" high. Use spatula and white icing to lightly ice cake sides.
8. Decorate top of cake. Use spatula and white icing to ice top of cake. Use tip of spatula to make swirl in icing. Place cake on pedestal.
9. Decorate sides of cake. Use tip 18, a cut disposable decorating bag and darkest orange icing to pipe shells on the bottom of the cake. Pipe a second row of shells, positioning the start of each shell between shells of the bottom row. Repeat pattern using tinted icing from second darkest to lightest color until cake is covered.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>