Let It Snow Mesh Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® Foam:
- Wreath: 14"
- Balls: (2) 4", (3) 3" & (2) 2-1/2"
- Design It:®
- Simple Style® 21" Decorative Mesh (Red)
- Simple Style® 10" Decorative Mesh (White)
- Glitter – white or clear
- Chalk board plaque
- White chalk
- Floral pins (S Pins)
- Wood picks: 6"
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Scrap piece of foam
- White glue
1. Gather the end of the mesh together and pin to the outside of the wreath at the back edge. Leave the back of the wreath bare so that it will lay flat against the wall or door when hung. Measure out about 12" to 14" from the pinned end and gather the mesh again. Pin this gathered section to the inside of the wreath at the back edge. Measure out another 12" to 14" from this point and gather again. Pin this gathered section again at the outside of the wreath, about 1" over from the first pin. Continue gathering and pinning the mesh at the inside and outside edges all the way around the wreath. Cut the mesh where you stop and pin the end in place.
2. For snowballs, push a toothpick into each of the balls to use as a handle. Brush on a coat of white glue then roll each of the balls into the glitter to completely cover. Pick the snowballs into a scrap piece of foam to dry.
3. Make a bow using the 10" white mesh and tie the bow onto a 6" pick. Pick the bow into the wreath. Using the chalk, write a holiday message onto the chalkboard. Secure the chalkboard plaque to a 6" pick and pick the sign into the wreath, just below the bow. Adding glue to the end of the picks before inserting will give a more secure hold.
4. Glue each of the snowballs onto 6" picks and pick them into the wreath as desired.