Light Up Treat Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Large ready-to-finish canvas tote
- Simply Spray Soft Fabric Paint, 2 to 3 bottles
- Celebration Lights, 4 pkgs
- 1/2 yd Black wool felt
- 1/2 yd Yellow organza
- 1 White felt square
- Scribbles Glittering Silver Paint
- Fabri-Tac glue
- Chalk pencil
- 9" Black Velcro
- Velcro glue
- Following manufacturer's directions, spray fabric paint onto canvas bag. Allow to dry thoroughly. More than one coat may be necessary to achieve desired look.
- Scale up and cut out pattern (see PDF) for house and transfer markings to black felt with a chalk pencil.
- Cut out house then cut out windows and three sides of door.
- With the Scribbles paint, outline house and windows as desired. Allow to dry.
- On wrong side of door, glue two pieces of organza -- making a double thickness -- to small window in door. Allow to dry, then trim away excess fabric.
- Cut two pieces of organza large enough to cover entire house.
- On wrong side of house, apply glue around all of the windows and door and glue both pieces of organza to house for double thickness, keeping door free to open. Allow glue to dry thoroughly then trim away any excess fabric.
- Cut a piece of organza a little wider than each window and twice as long. Fold in half. With fold at the top, glue bottom and sides only to back of windows and door to make pockets for lights. Allow glue to dry thoroughly and trim away any excess fabric.
- Cut out moon shape from white felt remnant and glue in place.
- Glue sides and bottom of house to canvas bag allowing the roof eaves to extend over the sides.
- Glue loop side of Velcro to house roof in three places and glue soft side of Velcro to bag.
- Turn on Celebration Lights and drop into pockets behind windows. Secure top of house with Velcro.