Lighted Lilies Centerpiece
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Design Master spray paint, flat white
- Battery-operated LED branch, 3 AA batteries
- Acrylic paint, blue pearl
- Decor Gems, admiral blue
- Marble Accents, diamond clear
- Diamond Dust, silver
- 10" octagonal beveled mirror
- Deco bark
- Birds nests, eggs
- Floral foam
- Five 24" calla lily sprays, white
- 27" strawflower spray, white
- Maidenhair fern stem
- 40" leaf spray, dark green
- Glue gun, glue sticks
- White craft glue
- Duck brand duct tape
- Craft sponge, craft brush
- Cutting utensil
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo.
- Lightly spray paint strawflower stem, maidenhair fern, leaf spray, birds nest, one piece of bark, back sides of foliage & stems of calla lilies with flat white paint. Spray paint edges of nests heavily. Allow to dry. Spray plastic battery box, also.
- Clean mirror surface. Cut 2" of duct tape; place in center of mirror. Place generous amount of hot glue on tape; attach florist foam.
- Bend branches making a lazy S-curve. Wire battery box to trunk with on/off switch & batteries accessible.
- Sponge paint eggs with blue pearl. Allow to dry; glue 3 eggs into each nest. Glue painted bark in front of foam to hide battery pack. Glue 1 nest to bark to hide, but not touch, battery pack.
- Cut maiden hair fern stem in half. Set one half aside for Step
- Trim calla lily, other half of the maiden hair fern & strawflower sprays. Glue pieces in place.
- Trim tiny leaves off the reserved half of the maidenhair fern. Glue on lighted branches at the joints.
- Use small craft brush or finger to apply white craft glue on various places around the nests, stems of flowers, and joints of branches. Shake diamond dust onto wet glue to hide any imperfections.
- Add marble accents and gems. Sprinkle on mirror and scatter around table.